Is this my first post for the fall ’23 ORC? Yes it is. Do we only have 4 weeks left? Yes we do. Do I seriously need to get busy? Why yes, yes I do!
The good news is I started and I think I have a plan. Can plans change? Sure and they might, but here is where and what I am planning at the moment.
For the fall ’23 One Room Challenge I have decided to finish my home office I started months ago as well as re-do my back entryway/mudroom.
Let’s take a look at where I am starting.
I bought these IKEA Pax closet cabinets months ago. While they have been great for storing all my design samples. I dislike seeing all my samples.
I needed some color and inspiration in my office so I painted the ceiling SW Raging Sea in August. My table in here came from my breakfast nook when I re-did it for the spring ORC. It’s big and makes a great work table.
- Build-in the PAX cabinets to look custom
- Buy and add custom trim to PAX doors
- Create a soffit with custom paneling
- Create a desk area
- Wallpaper back of desk wall
- Paint the rest of the space SW Pure White
- Install new chandelier over work table
- Install custom drapes on window
- Hang pin boards for client concepts
- Knock out closet – Check
- Add cabinets for storage and bench seating
- Panel walls and add additional hooks
- Paint paneling and cabinets -Color TBD
- Wallpaper above paneling
- Wallpaper ceiling
- Convert recessed light to a pendant light
That’s the plan as of today. I am still waiting to confirm my wallpaper samples. Hopefully it all works out and colors are what I think they will be.
I’ll be sharing design ideas and plans as we continue on this makeover journey. You can check out my IG for some behind-the-scenes, thoughts, probably bloopers and blunders and more.
For more great design inspiration head over to the One Room Challenge to see what everyone else is doing.